Essential Guidance for Health Systems, Hospitals on COVID-19 Employee Testing & Screening Programs
Special Report -- Revised and Expanded January 15, 2021
As of Dec. 31, 2020, the CDC newly added a section on considerations for testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and incorporating such testing for into workplace preparedness, response, and control plans. We believe there is more pressure to follow for employer-based COVID-19 plans.
WHY THIS REPORT IS ESSENTIAL
With greater understanding about the virus (SARS-CoV-2) and the disease it causes (COVID-19), as well the development of a range of tests and tools designed to respond to the threats, many are assessing how they will approach health and safety in their workforce, customer, and student communities.
The problem is that an employer’s implementation of an employee COVID-19 screening and testing program is fraught with unknowns. When it comes to COVID-19 employee testing, decision-makers at hospitals, health systems, businesses, universities, local school districts, and beyond have found themselves navigating an unfamiliar landscape.
WHY PRECISION MEDICINE INSTITUTE FOR GUIDANCE
This report from The Dark Intelligence Group—the business intelligence service most attuned to the work of clinical laboratory testing and pathology groups—will serve as a useful guide for employer and clinical laboratory decision-makers who may be considering an agreement for COVID-19 employee testing and screening.
As many clinical laboratory and pathology group leaders know, The Dark Intelligence Group (TDIG) has—for more than 25 years—published and presented fully dedicated lab test and pathology industry-leading business information through its platforms.
This report draws primarily upon a selection of top-tier legal and regulatory experts that regularly advise our portfolio of industry-leading products. The information in your hands provides essential guidance for employers and healthcare professionals in the demand for COVID-19 screening, testing, and surveillance.
EXPANDED topics include:
- Ten QUICK-HIT Regulatory Essentials When Launching a COVID-19 Testing Program
- Addressing COVID-19 Individual Test Eligibility Considerations
- Understanding and Following Order Requirements for COVID-19 Testing
- Privacy Considerations for COVID-19 Screening, Testing, and Contact Tracing
- Contractual and Liability Issues in Employer COVID-19 Testing Arrangements
- Infection Prevention and OSHA Compliance in the Time of COVID-19
- Two Enlightening Case Studies from Northwell Health and UDoTest
- Plus many helpful sample documents for your reference including Screening Questionnaires, Consent Forms, Orders for Testing, Quick-Start guide to CMS CLIA Certification, and much more!
UPDATED insights and information from the nation’s first-rank law firm attorneys who have extensive experience in the specific areas they discuss:
- McDonald Hopkins
- Greenberg Traurig
- Davis Wright Tremaine
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo
- Foley & Lardner, and more